Pesto Veggie Pizza
Fluffy crust with a pesto tomato sauce combo topped with a mountain of veggies.
This recipe contains , dry active yeast, water, honey, flour, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning, olive oil, cornmeal, , pesto, tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, cheese (cheddar, shredded), bell peppers, tomatoes, red onions, olives (black), cheese (parmesan)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 pkg(s) .75oz. active dry yeast
- 1 cup(s) warm water
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 3/4 cup(s) flour, divided
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) cornmeal
- FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- 4 tbsp. pesto
- 1 pkg(s) 1/2 jar tomato sauce
- 6 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 whole bell pepper, diced into bite sized pieces
- 3 whole tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 whole red onion
- 1 can(s) 3oz. black olives
- 1 oz. shredded parmesan
- 1. Make the dough. Mix the yeast with the water and honey in a large bowl. Let sit for 5-10 minutes until the yeast mixture becomes fluffy. Then add 1½ cups of flour to the yeast mixture and mix together.
- 2. Then slowly add 1 more cup of flour to the mixture. Combine till a dough is formed. Turn out dough onto a floured surface. Knead the dough with the heel of your hand, then pull forward and repeat. Continue, while slowly adding the last ¼ cup of of flour to the dough. Kneading should take about 5 minutes and dough should be very slightly sticky. Make sure not to over knead.
- 3. Place dough in a large greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place bowl in a place with no drafts, such as the microwave or a cold oven. Let sit until dough rises in size, about 3-4 hours.
- 4. Once ready to make pizza, preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. On a large rimmed baking sheet, sprinkle cornmeal evenly over the bottom of the pan. Place dough on baking sheet and with fingers gently spread the dough to the size of the pan.
- 5. Using a spoon, spread the pasta sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a wide berth around the edges. Add dollops of pesto to the pizza.
- 6. Sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the pizza. Evenly place bell pepper, red onion and olives on pizza. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
- 7. Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes, rotating ½ way through. Crust should be golden brown and cheese should be bubbling.
- 8. Top the pizza with fresh tomatoes. Serve and enjoy.