Philly Cheesesteak Grilled Wraps
Philly Cheesesteak Grilled Wraps, a new look to my blog, and some not-so-secret tips on how to BBQ a better steak (visit blog for steak tips).
This recipe contains steak (sirloin), oil (vegetable), onions, bouillon (beef), mushrooms (portobello), bell peppers, mayonnaise, tabasco, tortillas (flour)
3 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 2 lb. sirloin steaks, BBQ'd and sliced as thin as possible
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 whole onions, halved and sliced
- 1 tsp. Bouillon Beef Base
- 2 whole portobello mushrooms, stem and gills removed
- 2 whole bell peppers, sliced
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 8 ds. tabasco
- 4 slice(s) 10" tortillas
- 1. In frying pan over medium-low heat, add onions and cook on low until caramelized (when done properly, this takes about 30 min). Add in the Better than Bouillon Beef Base and a tbsp of water to make a faint gravy.
- 2. Add in the mushrooms and bell peppers and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3. On tortilla, spread a thin layer of mayonnaise and top with a few squirts of hot sauce.
- 4. Pile on the steak and vegetables.
- 5. Roll up, making sure the ends are sealed.
- 6. On griddle or in large frying pan sprayed with cooking spray, over medium heat, add the wraps, seam side down, and put something heavy on top (like a smaller frying pan weighted down with something heatproof) and grill until toasted. Flip and repeat. This would work well in an electric grill (like the George Foreman or a panini press)
- 7. Once finished, pull off and let sit for a minute before slicing in half.
- 8. Enjoy the happy faces around you :)