Mushroom Cap Chorizo Burger
You will not miss the bun with this extremely flavorful stuffed Portobello Mushroom Cap Chorizo Burger. It is sure to impress even the pickiest eaters!
This recipe contains mushroom (portobello, cap, large), olive oil (extra virgin), salt, sausage (chorizo), ground beef, eggs, onions, bacon, fresh garlic, fresh cilantro, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, shredded mozzarella cheese
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 8 whole large Portobello mushroom caps, wiped clean with a paper towel
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. chorizo
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 egg
- 1/2 whole onion, diced
- 4 slice(s) bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded mozzarella cheese on top (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 380°F.
- 2. Remove the stems on the Portobello mushroom caps. Using a spoon, scrape the gills out (see above picture). Brush the whole cap with oil (top and bottom). Season with a little salt and pepper. Place them gill side up on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 7 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine the chorizo, beef and the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Do not overwork. Shape the meat into 8 hamburger patties.
- 4. Take the caps out of the oven and lay a hamburger patty on top of each mushroom cap. Bake for 20 minutes (if you are using cheese, place it on the patty 5 minutes before they are done, so the cheese can melt). Enjoy!