Mushroom, roasted tomato and garlic pasta
The roasted garlic bits tasted brilliant and I absolutely loved the simplicity of the dish.
This recipe contains pasta (spaghetti), tomatoes (cherry), garlic (fresh), mushrooms, onions (green/spring), chili flakes, black pepper, olive oil, rosemary (fresh), cheese (parmesan), salt
Serves 2 - 3 servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 100 gms uncooked spaghetti
- 250 gms cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and sliced
- 250 gms chestnut mushrooms
- 3 spring onions chopped (keep the white and green separate)
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- Parmesan to garnish
- Salt to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- 2. In a baking dish , toss the tomatoes, garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil, rosemary and chilli flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and bake for 25 minutes
- 3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in some salted water. Once cooked drain and keep aside.
- 4. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and cook the white part of the spring onions for about 1-2 minutes. Toss in the mushrooms and cook for 8 - 10 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened.
- 5. Add the cooked pasta and the roasted tomatoes and garlic and toss everything together. Garnish with the rest of the spring onions (the green bit)
- 6. Serve with some parmesan on top.