Mustard and Herb Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin
Tired of turkey? Make this recipe your new holiday tradition. Pork loin butterflied and stuffed with Dijon mustard and herbs then wrapped in bacon and roasted in hard cider. Not only is this an elegant main dish, but it is super elegant as well.
This recipe contains pork tenderloin, garlic (fresh), salt (kosher), black peppercorns, mustard (dijon), rosemary (fresh), parsley (fresh), sage (fresh), thyme (fresh), tarragon (fresh), bacon, oil (vegetable), cider (hard)
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 1 hr
- 1 1/2 lb. pork loin
- 1 clove(s) garlic, large, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 - 2 ds. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh sage (or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage)
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon (optional)
- 5 oz. thin hickory smoked bacon
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 cup(s) hard cider
- 1. Butterfly pork loin as shown; lay it flat (cut side up) on a clean dry surface. Spread garlic all over the loin. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over the garlic. Smear the mustard over the top with the back of a spoon; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, parsley, sage, thyme and tarragon. Sprinkle the herb mixture over the mustard. Roll the loin up as shown.
- 3. Starting at one end of the stuffed loin, wrap a piece of the bacon around to secure it, being sure to tuck the loose end of the bacon under itself to hold it in place. Stretching the bacon slightly as you wrap, overlap bacon slices at the ends securing them with a toothpick. This process not only flavors the bacon but it also holds it together so it should be securely wrapped.
- 4. Wrap the prepared loin in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight or at least 4 hours.
- 5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 6. Pour the oil into a medium size skillet over medium high heat. Brown the bacon wrapped loin on all sides until it is golden brown.
- 7. Place the browned loin in a baking dish that is not too much bigger than the loin itself. Pour the cider over the top. Cover with foil and place in the preheated oven. Cook for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let rest for approximately 15 minutes before carving and serving.