My signature dish – Mediterranean Chicken, Paleo-ized
This is the one dish I’m known for. When I have dinner guests, family get togethers, or just need a good family comfort meal, this is the one I go to. I’ve made this recipe in large quantities in the oven for parties, and made it ahead to take along on girls’ weekend. It’s one of those dishes that’s actually better the second day, so be sure to make plenty of extra servings.
This recipe contains flour (almond), flour (coconut), bread crumbs, italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), olive oil, ghee, wine (white), lemons, capers, artichoke hearts, olives (black)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1/2 cup(s) almond flour
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut flour
- 1 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. Italian spices
- 1 ds. salt
- 1 ds. black pepper
- 1 lb. chicken breast cutlets, boneless, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. ghee or butter
- 1 cup(s) white wine
- 2 whole lemons
- 1/4 cup(s) capers, drained
- 1/3 cup(s) artichoke hearts, diced
- 1/4 cup(s) black olives
- 1. Mix the flours and spices. Dredge chicken breasts in mixture, coating well.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt ghee/butter and olive oil in sauté pan over medium high heat.
- 3. Saute the chicken breasts, 4 minutes on each side.
- 4. Add the wine, juice of one whole lemon and remaining ingredients and simmer for 5-10 minutes until flavors combine.
- 5. Garnish with remaining lemon slices.
- 6. I have a very picky family but you could also add mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. This is great with mashed faux-tatoes (cauliflower) and grilled veggies.