Niagara Peach Chutney
It's peach season in Ontario, and on Sunday we drove down to the Niagara region (about 2 hours from our house in Toronto); fertile farms, gorgeous vineyards and lots of farmers markets! We bought peaches!
This recipe contains peaches, onions (vidalia/sweet), balsamic vinegar, molasses, cinnamon, olive oil, sea salt
3/4 cup of chutney servings
- 3 Ontario fresh peaches (really, peaches from anywhere will do!), skinned, stone removed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Vidallia onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- splash of olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- 1. In a splash of olive oil, sauté the onions until translucent, add the peaches.
- 2. Sprinkle the cinnamon on top and sauté until you smell it.
- 3. Add the balsamic and the molasses. Cook this down until the balsamic reduces to a syrup. I like a stiffer chutney, so I reduced it right down.
- 4. Season to taste. Serve over room temperature Brie on lightly BBQ'd baguette (BBQ the baguette WITH the brie to slightly melting). Top with your home made chutney and enjoy.