No Bake Chocolate Bars
As I was catching up on reading blog posts, I fell in love for this no bake recipe from 101 Cookbooks. Per usual, I made my own modifications, but this one is entirely inspired by Heidi, I'm just here to document that this recipe is truly as easy as she writes.And the best note is that it is Mum approved.The first modification is a result of my limited pan selection. Instead of turning out like a cake, mine look like bars -- a distinction which suits me just fine. They look like bars, so that is what I am calling them.
This recipe contains chocolate (semi-sweet, bar), heavy cream, allspice, espresso (instant), salt (sea), cocoa powder, sugar (powdered, confectioners)
8 servings servings
- 8 oz of 60% chocolate
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp ground espresso
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1. Using parchment paper, line a bread pan and then push this aside for a bit.
- 2. Creating a makeshift double boiler (at least in my kitchen) heat up the chocolate slowly until melted.
- 3. In a small pan pour in the whipping cream and set to low heat. While it is heating up add in the allspice and ground espresso, and stir thoroughly. Do not let the whipping cream boil, simply rise in temperature. After about five minutes, pull from heat and stir in the sea salt.
- 4. Add the melted chocolate into the cream mixture slowly and continue to stir. This may take a bit, but make sure the chocolate and cream mixture are totally combined. Pour the combined mixture into the baking pan and cover. Put it in the fridge and try to forget about it until it is solid.
- 5. Once it has cooled, pull from the refrigerator and gently take it out of the pan by the parchment paper. Let it sit out in the open for a few minutes and then dust it with the cocoa powder and powdered sugar because I'm a glutton for punishment - and more sugar makes a happier BG.