Nutella Pretzel Brownie Bars
These brownies bars are the first to go on the dessert table. Your friends will want this recipe.
This recipe contains , butter, sugar (brown), pretzels, , butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, chocolate hazelnut spread, cocoa powder, flour (all-purpose), salt
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- For Pretzel Crust:
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2/3 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 - 2 cup(s) pretzels, plus more crushed for topping
- For Brownies:
- 8 tbsp. butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 - 2/3 cup(s) nutella, plus more for frosting
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened coco powder, sifted
- 2/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1. To make the crust, first preheat oven to 350 F. Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan with cooking spray. In a food processor, add 1 cup of pretzels and pulse until they are like graham cracker crumbs. Add sugar and pulse until combined. Then pour in melted butter and pulse again to combine.
- 2. Press pretzel mixture into the bottom of pan. Bake for about 14 minutes, until edges are golden.
- 3. For the brownies, cream butter and sugar together.
- 4. Add eggs, one at a time and combine well. Add vanilla, salt and 1/3 cup of Nutella. Mix well. Add sifted coco and flour. Mix until combined.
- 5. Pour brownie batter over pretzel crust. Bake for 45 minutes.
- 6. Allow brownies bars to cool completely before frosting, about 1 hour.
- 7. Outer sides will be crunchy, the middle will be softer. You can trim the sides off. Then add crushed pretzels on top.