Nutrient rich green peas cookies
Kid friendly, easy, egg free dessert treat
This recipe contains peas (green, dry), medjool dates, tofu (silken), almond flour, salt, baking powder, almonds
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup mejdool dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup silken tofu (mashed)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 15 raw almonds
- 1. Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet with a liner.
- 2. In a food processor/grinder combine peas and dates and grind as smooth as possible.
- 3. In a mixing bowl spoon the peas mix and add tofu and mix well with a spoon.
- 4. Then add almond flour, salt and baking powder and mix well with your hand.
- 5. Very soft dough like texture will be formed.
- 6. Take a tablespoonful of the dough between palms and form a round shape and gently flatten in the middle. Try to even out the flat round cookies as much as possible.
- 7. Put the cookies on the cookie sheet and garnish with raw almonds. (one almond on each cookie and press very gently so they stick together).
- 8. Put the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until slightly brown in color.
- 9. Take it out of the oven and let the cookies cool down for a while and serve.