Nutritious and Delicious Oatmeal
Get a head start with this easy breakfast recommended by the team of Registered Dietitians at Dairy Farmers of Canada for busy families. Each serving provides 2/3 of a cup of milk.
This recipe contains oats, flaxseed (milled), milk, water, dates (dried), apples (dried), cinnamon, sugar (brown), almonds
1 Person servings
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) large flake oats (oatmeal)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) flaxseed, ground
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) milk
- 3 1/2 cups (875 mL) water
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) dried dates, diced
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) dried apples, diced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a re-sealable container, combine the oats, flaxseed, milk and water. Refrigerate overnight. Early in the morning, pour the mixture into a saucepan and add the dried fruit and cinnamon. Cook on low for approximately 15 minutes while stirring often. Add brown sugar and serve with the slivered almonds.