Nutty Buffalo Chicken
On October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Nutty Buffalo Chicken, was created by Quantel Floyd.
This recipe contains nuts, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), bread (whole wheat), eggs, flour (all-purpose), cheese (goat), peppers (habanero), peppers (habanero), parsley (italian), salt
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 cup(s) Buffalo Nuts
- 4 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 slice(s) wheat bread, toasted & torn into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1 whole yellow habanero, minced
- 1 whole orange habanero, minced
- 2 tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 ds. salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. In a food processor, pulse Tropical Food’s Buffalo Nuts® and toasted bread until coarsely ground; transfer to a medium bowl.
- 3. In another medium bowl beat eggs, season generously with salt and pepper.
- 4. Pour flour into a third medium bowl and set up a breading station.
- 5. Dredge chicken breasts in flour, then coat in egg and finally roll in Buffalo Nuts® breading, until completely coated.
- 6. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- 7. Bake 15-20 minutes until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- 8. Put goat cheese on top of each hot chicken breast.
- 9. Garnish with mixed habaneras and parsley.