Oat & Sesame Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oats, Sesame Seeds and a secret tangy ingredient join forces to kick this basic chocolate chip cookie up a notch!
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), baking soda, baking powder, salt, oats, pecans, chocolate chips, sesame seed (black), butter (unsalted), tahini, pomegranate molasses, sugar (brown), eggs, vanilla extract
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup(s) rolled oats
- 3/4 cup(s) toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup(s) black sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 2 tbsp. pomegranate molasses
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1. INSTRUCTIONS
- 2. Cream the tahini, butter and brown sugar in a stand mixer.
- 3. Add the vanilla, pomegranate molasses and egg and beat to combine thoroughly.
- 4. In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder and soda. Add slowly to the butter mixture and combine.
- 5. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until evenly distributed.
- 6. Scoop 2 Tbs per cookie onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- 7. Put the whole sheet into the freezer until the cookies are solid, at least 2 hours.
- 8. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°. The cookies do not spread very much, so about 9 to a sheet will work.
- 9. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the edges begin to show color.
- 10. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from sheet.
- 11. NOTES
- 12. inspired by a recipe at debspots.com