Oat Flour Morning Glory Muffins
A classic morning glory muffin with oat flour instead of wheat flour, honey instead of sugar and applesauce instead of honey! Delicious and nutritious!
This recipe contains flour (oat), oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger (ground), applesauce, yogurt, eggs, lemons, vanilla extract, raisins, carrots, walnuts, coconut (grated), honey
12 muffins servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 eggs
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a mixer or mixing bowl, add eggs, applesauce, yogurt and vanilla extract. Mix until combined. In a separate bowl, stir together oat flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix until combined. Add the remaining ingredients (raisins, shredded carrot, walnuts, flaked coconut, honey) and mix until the batter is uniformly incorporated.
- 2. Lightly oil a muffin pan with grapeseed or olive oil. Fill the muffin holes to the top (oat flour does not rise as much as wheat flour) and bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until the muffins test clean.