Oat Toffee Cherry Chocolate Cookie
Oat Toffee Cherry Chocolate Cookie is a sweet, tart, buttery, crisp, chewy cookie. Soft, moist and flavorful, it is my most requested oatmeal cookie recipe by far!
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), baking soda, butter (unsalted), sugar, sugar (brown), cinnamon, salt, eggs, vanilla extract, oats, cherries (dried), chocolate (bittersweet, chips), toffee
2 dozen servings
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 11/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup toffee pieces, (51/2 ounces)
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Sift together flour and baking soda, and set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugars, cinnamon and salt on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl once or twice during mixing. Add egg, and mix on high speed to combine. Add vanilla extract; mix to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 2. Add the sifted flour a bit at a time on a low speed until well combined. Add oatmeal, cherries, chocolate, and toffee pieces; mix to combine.
- 3. Divide dough into three equal portions, and roll into logs using plastic wrap, approximately 1½ inches in diameter. To bake, cut logs into ¾ inch pieces. Bake on parchment lined baking sheets, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and transfer to a baking rack to cool.