Oatmeal Almond Pizza Crust
Yeast free, Vegan and Healthy pizza base recipe for all the pizza lovers who wants to maintain a healthy weight. For recipe details you can also visit http://www.kiipfit.com/oatmeal-almond-pizza-crust/
This recipe contains almond meal, flour (oat), flour (whole wheat), baking powder, garlic (granulated), basil (dried), parsley (dried), salt, olive oil, water
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 cups almond meal
- 1 cups oats flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. Preheat the oven at 370 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare a 10 ½ inch cast iron skillet.
- 2. In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon. Add oil to it and massage the flours with hands.
- 3. Gradually add water and knead it gently to form a dough. Too much kneading not required. As soon as the dough starts forming and all the ingredients starts sticking that’s the point to stop.
- 4. On a flat surface roll it with a rolling pin. Make sure to give very light pressure on the dough. Too much rolling also not required. Flatten the dough to the size of the skillet.
- 5. Place the flattened dough in the skillet, put it in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes or until done. The base would be soft at this point.
- 6. Spread your favorite toppings and put it again in the oven to bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese melts properly.
- 7. Take it out from the oven and let it cool for few minutes and cut into desired slices and serve. ( Make sure to cool a little before slicing the pizza or else it will break).