Pineapple Soup with Mint
This is a simple soup made from fresh pineapple, coconut milk and a bit of finely chopped fresh mint.
This recipe contains pineapple, milk (coconut), mint leaves
6-8 servings servings
Prep time: 30 min
- 2 fresh pineapples
- 1 13.5 oz. can, coconut milk
- 1-2 Tbsp. Fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1. Trim the leaves and skin from the pineapple.
- 2. Cut the flesh away from the core and cut the slices into large chucks to fit in a food processor or blender.
- 3. Puree the pineapple in the blender (in batches)
- 4. Strain the puree into a large bowl to get rid of the small brown bits that inevitably find their way into the puree. A food mill is great for this.
- 5. Stir in the coconut milk a little at a time until you get the balance of flavors you like.
- 6. Stir in the fresh mint
- 7. Refrigerate over night
- 8. Serve cold as an appetizer or snack.