Pinot Noir Brownies
Elevate brownies with a splash of Pinot Noir. The Pinot Noir Icing is divine.
This recipe contains , eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, butter, wine (pinot noir), cocoa (sweet), flour (all-purpose), baking powder, salt, walnuts, , unsalted butter, chocolate (unsweetened), sugar, wine (pinot noir)
Yields 16 to 20 brownies servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- Pinot Noir Chocolate Brownies
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Pinot Noir
- 3/4 cup sweet ground cocoa
- 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Pinot Noir Chocolate Icing
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 4 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons Pinot Noir
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Combine eggs with sugar and vanilla; add butter and wine. Stir cocoa with flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3. Combine with egg mixture; add nuts.
- 4. Spread into greased 8 x 8-inch pan.
- 5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- . Icing:
- 6. Melt butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add chocolate, sugar and wine. Continue heating over low heat stirring often, until mixture is smooth – don’t let it boil.
- 7. Spoon hot icing over fresh brownies and let stand for a minimum of an hour; 12 hours is best.