Pistil Ale Chilled Cucumber Soup
Appearance: Bright yellow slightly hazy with a little sediment (its an unfiltered brew)
Smell: grassy, from the dandelion, and notes of lemon citrus!
Taste: Very very refreshing, citrus lemony, grassy
Feel: Smooth, low to medium carbonation!
Overall: Loved this, probably my new favorite summer beer! Unbelievably refreshing, I could drink this over and over again.
This recipe contains cucumbers, greek yogurt, sour cream, , mint (fresh), chives (fresh), salt, sugar, black pepper
About 6 (6-ounce) servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
- 4 cucumbers, peeled and seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 cup plain yogurt, preferably Greek-style
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Magic Hat Pistil
- 1/2 packed cup fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish if desired
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus more for garnish if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1. • Place all ingredients in a food processor and puree.
- 2. • Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 2 hours.
- 3. • Taste and add more salt, sugar or pepper if needed.
- 4. • Serve, garnished with chopped mint and/or chives, if desired.