Plantains in Sweet Syrup
See if your sweet tooth can resist sweet plantains covered with thick caramel goodness!
This recipe contains plantains, water, sugar (brown), salt
2 servings servings
Cook time: 40 min
- 5 ripe Plantains, do not cut
- 4 cups Water
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1 dash Salt
- 1. Place all the ingredients in one pan. Cover and cook under medium to high heat.
- 2. Let it boil for 20 minutes.
- 3. Lower the heat to medium; but make sure that the water is still boiling.
- 4. Wait for the liquids to thicken. This may take at least 20 more minutes.
- 5. When the syrup is thick and turns to a lovely red, turn off the heat.
- 6. Let the bananas cool down in a dish.