Pork and Broccoli Stir Fry
This is a creation I made last night. I did not base it on any recipe I have ever used before. I actually realized just as I was starting to cook that I didn't have any more Soja Sauce in the house! I ran out quickly to get some - just made it before the shops shut. Anyway, it ended up tasting great so I thought I would share it!
This recipe contains pork, snow peas, mushrooms (shiitake), carrots, garlic, broccoli, rice (basmati), salt, pepper, tabasco, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar
4-5 Servings servings
- 350-400 grams diced Pork (bite-sized)
- 200 grams snow peas, topped and tailed
- 125 grams Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 5 good-sized diced carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 1 good sized head of brocolli, cut into chunks
- 1-2 cups basmati rice
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- rice wine vinegar
- 1. Cut the meat into bite sized-chunks and put into a bowl.
- 2. Add 1/3 cup of soy sauce, 1/3 cup of rice vinegar, 1/4 cup of sesame oil, salt, pepper and tabasco to taste.
- 3. Let the meat marinate for 10-20 minutes.
- 4. Put the rice into a covered pan with twice as much water as rice on low heat.
- 5. Put 4-5 tablespoons of sesame oil and about half as much soy sauce into the bottom of the wok on high heat. You can also add some more tabasco if you like now.
- 6. When the wok is hot add the garlic.
- 7. Let sizzle for a few seconds and add the meat.
- 8. When the meat is brown all the way through, add the carrots.
- 9. After the carrots have started to soften (no more than a minute), add the Shiitake mushrooms.
- 10. Add some more salt, pepper and tabasco.
- 11. Now add some water and cover. Reduce heat and let simmer for a minute or two.
- 12. Add the brocolli, more water and seasoning if needed. Cover and let the brocolli soften for 2-3 minutes.
- 13. Add the snow peas. Cover again, reduce heat again and let simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add water if and as needed.
- 14. When the rice is done, drain and add salt.
- 15. Now serve a large spoon of rice with a large dollop of the stir fry. Make sure to spoon some of the wonderful Shiitake-infused sauce from the bottom of the wok.
- 16. Enjoy!