Pork chops stuffed with tomatoes and spinach
A complete, mouth-watering meal.
This recipe contains olive oil, garlic, tomatoes (sun dried), fresh spinach, spinach (frozen), salt, black pepper, thyme, cheese (feta), cream cheese, pork (loin, chops, boneless), chicken (boullion, cubes), lemons, lemons, mustard (dijon)
4 servings servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 tbs olive oil + 1 tbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, diced
- 200g cleaned fresh spinach, blanched* cleaned or
- 280g frozen spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbs feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 cup chicken broth from 1/2 cube
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1. Warm the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat and add the garlic and cook about 1 minute.
- 2. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook until combined, for 2 more minutes.
- 3. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and add the feta and the cream cheese. Stir to combine and set aside.
- 4. Thinly beat with a meat mallet each chop. Place ¼ of the spinach and sun-dried tomato mixture on the each chop, fold in half and secure with a wooden or metal toothpick. Season the outside of the pork with pepper.
- 5. In a small bowl combine the chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, and mustard.
- 6. Warm the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook for 5 minutes per side until golden and cooked through.
- 7. Transfer the pork to a side dish and tent with foil to keep warm.
- 8. Add the chicken broth mixture to the skillet over medium-high heat. Scrape up the bottom of the pan and cook for 8 minutes to reduce the broth by half.
- 9. Before serving spoon some sauce over the pork.
- 10. *Cook spinach in a microwave oven with 2 tablespoons water for 2 minutes on MAX (this way you preserve all the vitamins).