Pork chops with cider and spinach
A creamy, easy midweek meal ready in just 30 minutes
This recipe contains pork chops, olive oil, onions, apple cider, sour cream, mustard (dijon), salt, spinach, butter, , black pepper
Cook time: 30 min
- 4 whole pork chops
- 2 - 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 whole onions, coarsely sliced
- 14 fl.oz. cider
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 14 oz. spinach, cleaned and washed
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. mixed spices OR 1/2 tsp Vegeta Natur
- 1 ds. black pepper
- 1. Remove all visible fat from the chops.
- 2. Fry chops in hot oil on each side about 3 minutes until browned. Remove, put aside.
- 3. Add onion and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until soft and caramelized.
- 4. Add the cider, stir, bring to a bubble and reduce a little.
- 5. Add the cream and mustard, stir, bring to a simmer then put the chops back in and cook for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- 6. Put the chops back, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- 7. Meanwhile, cook the spinach in a large pan with butter and seasoning until wilted.
- 8. Serve the chops and sauce with the spinach. You can add some cooked rice or mashed potatoes.