Pork Chops with Garlic Cream
Garlic lovers get ready to be swept off your feet. 12 whole garlic cloves softened while infusing the heavy cream, white wine and shallots, with a deep roasted garlic flavor I can only say: wow!! Blended to a puree and served alongside the pork chops… could just drink it all.We love bone in chops. To get the pork chops to cook and yet stay tender, I always sear them first over high heat and then place them into the warm oven. . Make sure to pay attention to the smoke, if any, while cooking the chops in the oven.This sauce could also be used over lamb.Made mash potatoes alongside.Bon Appetit!!Giangi
This recipe contains butter (unsalted), shallots, wine (white, dry), thyme (fresh), salt, heavy cream, milk (buttermilk), garlic, pork chops (bone in), oil (vegetable), thyme (fresh), black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1 hr 15 min
- 1 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp. finely chopped shallot
- 1/3 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 ds. salt
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup(s) buttermilk
- 12 clove(s) large garlic cloves, all about the same size, and peeled but left whole
- 4 whole bone in pork chops about 1 inch thick
- 2 tbsp. vegetables oil
- 1 - 2 tbsp. fresh thyme, for garnish
- 1 - 2 ds. black pepper
- 1. In a small sauce pan melt the butter over medium-low heat and cook the shallots until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the wine, thyme and a generous ¼ teaspoon salt. Raise the heat to medium and simmer until the liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons. Stir in the heavy cream and the buttermilk and all the garlic cloves.
- 3. Return to a bare simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is completely tender, 40 to 45 minutes.
- 4. Transfer the garlic mixture to a blender and puree until very smooth, about 1 minute. Return the garlic sauce to the saucepan. It should be thick enough to cover the back of a wooden spoon but easy to pour. Set aside covered to keep warm.
- 5. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 6. Salt and pepper generously the pork chops. In a large skillet over medium high heat add the oil. When hot add the chops and sear them on each side. 2minutes each sides.
- 7. Remove from the stove and place in the hot oven. Cook for 3 minutes at 375° then lower the heat to 300° for another 5 minutes. The chops need to be springy to the touch and golden brown on the outside.