Pork Chops with Peaches and Pears Sauce
As the days are starting to get shorter, the feeling of the fall season is up us. Well at least in some part of the country that is, we are still having triple digit temperatures.Last night dinner was an impromptu preparation with a touch of fall. We got home late from our after school activities and the only meat I had in hand was bone in pork chops that I just purchased from Pete at Personal Gourmet Foods. We have this great recipe in France with pork chops and sauté apples that I wanted to prepare, however with no apples on hand I chose to use the few peaches left and pears.
This recipe contains pears, peaches, cranberries (dried), limes, onions (red), brown sugar, butter, olive oil, salt, pork chops (bone in), black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 3 pears, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 4 -5 small peaches, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Juice of 1 key lime
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Olive oil
- 4 bone in pork chops
- 1. In a medium size skillet over medium heat warm the olive oil and sauté the chopped red onion. When the onion is translucent add the peaches, pears and cranberries. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the butter, brown sugar and juice of key lime. Cook over medium low heat and add season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Pat dry the pork chops and season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet add a shadow of oil and cook the chops until nicely browned on each side and are a bit springy to the touch, around 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4. Serve hot with the sauce over it or on the side.