Potato Salad- Nepali Style
Healthy Potato Salad packed with lots of flavors, done in a Nepali Style
This recipe contains red potatoes, carrots, onions (red), cucumbers, chili, sesame seeds, cumin powder, turmeric, , lemons, cilantro, water, salt
4 ramekin cups servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 5-6 small, red potatoes (boiled, peeled, & diced)
- 1 small carrot, peeled & diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/4 medium cucumber, seeded, & diced
- 1-2 red or green chili, finely chopped (use more or less depending upon your taste bud)
- about 1/4 cup roasted, sesame (roasting brings out more flavor and may grind if desired)
- 1-2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1-2 teaspoon chaat masala, optional (it adds little sweetness and sourness)
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- few cilantro leaves, roughly chopped (for garnish)
- water (only if the final product is too dry, add few tsp)
- salt, to taste
- 1. As the potatoes are boiling, dice & chop onions, carrots, cucumber, chilies and put them in a medium bowl, then add the boiled, diced potatoes to the bowl.
- 2. -Add all the spices, sesame seeds & lemon juice and stir until well combined. Add few drops of water if necessary.
- 3. -Cover it and refrigerate for 1-2 hours so that all the flavors come together.
- 4. -Garnish with cilantro before serving.