Potato Wedges & Sweet Chili Sauce
Sometimes the simplest things are the best. Just potatoes, spices and a sweet dipping sauce.
This recipe contains potatoes, olive oil, garlic (fresh), coriander (ground), sweet paprika, paprika (smoked), salt, pepper, XXXXX, water, rice vinegar, sugar, garlic (fresh), crushed red pepper, cornstarch, water
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 4 - 6 baking potatoes, depending on size, approx 2 lbs
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic cloves, microplaned
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 - 3 ds. salt to taste
- 1 - 3 ds. pepper to taste
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 clove(s) garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/8 cup(s) water
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/ 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Clean the potatoes very thoroughly, cut them into wedges, 6 to 8 wedges per potato depending on size. Place the potatoes in a large pot with cold water, bring to a boil and let the potatoes cook for about 10 minutes. They should be soft but shouldn't begin to disintegrate. Drain the potatoes and pat dry with kitchen paper. Place the potatoes in a roasting pan.
- 2. Mix together the olive oil, microplaned garlic, ground coriander, smoked and sweet paprika until you obtain a paste. Add 1 more tablespoon oil if you feel is necessary to get the right pasty consistency. Pour this over the potatoes and rub the all over with your hands. Place the tin in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the potatoes are crisp, brown and cooked through.
- 3. Meanwhile make the sweet chili sauce. Combine ¼ water with the rice vinegar, sugar, minced garlic clove and chili flakes in a small saucepan. Bring everything to a boil and let simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 4. Combine the rest 1/8 cup water with the cornstarch and whisk the mixture into the boiling sauce stirring continuously for 1 minute. Turn of the heat and let the sauce cool down before serving.