Potatoes and Salmon Cake
A new creation from my kitchen. Salmon and Potatoes Cakes.
As I was planning a very simple rendition of our dinner, mashed potatoes and bake salmon, the idea of incorporating the two came along and , Why not? The result a new dinner . Potatoes and salmon prepared in perfect harmony, complimenting each other.
A fun dinner for all of us.
Baking in the oven just finishes the cooking.
Mayonnaise and lemon juice mixed together was a perfect dipping sauce. I also sprinkled some lemon juice over the cakes and I like it, my son on the other hand, not so much.
I will leave that up to you to decide which one you like best.
This recipe contains fish (salmon), potatoes, onions (green/spring), eggs, garlic, cheese (parmesan), bread crumbs (panko), lemons, sage (fresh), bread crumbs, salt, oil, black pepper, marjoram
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 pound medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 scallions
- 3 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup panko
- Juice of a half of lemon
- Dry Sage rubbed to pulverize
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Cooking oil
- Marjoram rubbed to pulverize
- 1. Preheat oven at 350°. In a large pot place the peeled and diced potatoes, add the garlic cloves minced and cover with water. Add salt and bring to boil. Keep to a gentle boiling roll until the potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- 2. When the potatoes are done, drain and place them in a large bowl. Mash them.
- 3. Meanwhile in a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil, place the skinless salmon fillets and bake for 10 minutes. Salmon should be medium rare.
- 4. Flake the salmon and add it to the potatoes bowl.
- 5. Add the scallions, lemon juice, eggs, parmesan, panko, sage and marjoram and bread crumbs. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Form the mixture into patties.
- 6. In a large skillet add the cooking oil, ¼ inch. Working in batches add a few patties at the time and over medium high heat, fry until nicely browned and crisp on each side. Remove and place on a cookie sheet. Repeat until all the cakes are done.
- 7. Place all the fried cakes in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- 8. Serve with a lemon mayonnaise sauce.