I made the potatoes in 2 8-inch skillets instead of 12”. It was a test. By doing so I saved a good 15 minutes in the cooking.
This recipe contains potatoes, butter, salt, black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 2 whole large Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled, sliced very thin
- 4 tbsp. to 5 tablespoon butter
- 1 ds. salt
- 1 ds. pepper
- 1. Heat the butter in a heavy 12-inch skillet.
- 2. Dry the potato slices on paper towel. Arrange slices in a ring on bottom of skillet. Fill the center with overlapping slices.
- 3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange a second layer with remaining slices.
- 4. Invert a heatproof dish over the potatoes and place a heavy object on the plate to weigh the potatoes down.
- 5. Sauté the potatoes over medium heat until the underside is nice and golden and the slices are molded together. Remove the weight and the plate and carefully turn the potatoes all at once.
- 6. Cook until browned and cooked through. Cut in quarters and place in plates