Pressed Bean, Veggie & Cheddar Burrito
Looking for something really simple, healthy and full of flavor to make for lunch or dinner? This pressed burrito is super easy, chock full of of red bell peppers, onions, corn, black beans, avocado and ooey gooey sharp cheddar! I promise, you will not miss the meat one bit, this is filling and so much better for you then those greasy things you find at chains.
This recipe contains tortillas (flour), black beans, corn, onions, bell peppers (red), avocados, cheese (cheddar, sharp, shredded), garlic powder, olive oil, limes, salt, black pepper
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 4 or 5 oversized tortilla wraps (I used whole grain but they are a bit brittle)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup corn
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 lb sharp cheddar, grated
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1. Get all the ingredients ready first, diced the veggies, shred the cheese, rinse the beans. I leave the avocado slicing until I'm ready to assemble so it doesn't brown.
- 2. In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, add a few drizzles of olive oil and the corn, bell peppers and onions. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook until the veggies are just starting to soften. Add in the black beans and the lime juice. Cook for a couple minutes until the beans are warmed through.
- 3. Thats it! Now time to assemble. Lay the tortilla flat, add a line of cheese, the veggies and a few slices of avocado.
- 4. Fold the end over the filling then fold in the sides. Roll until almost at the end then add a little bit more cheese so it gets sealed a bit better.
- 5. Place the burrito onto a panini press set on high, You are looking just to crunch up the outside a bit. Notice mine opened up in the corner, its because I used whole grain tortilla wraps and found that they were more brittle then a regular wrap.