Prune Walnut Cake
Soft cake with home made vanilla extract
This recipe contains butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, sour cream, milk, vanilla extract, lemons, , sugar (brown), cinnamon, prunes, walnuts,
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 125g Soft butter
- 150g Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 220g Plain flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 120ml Sour cream or plain yoghurt
- 80ml Fresh milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- Prune Walnut filling
- 25g Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 70g Prune - cut into small pieces
- 45g Walnut - chop to pieces
- 1. Cream butter and sugar till light at medium speed, add sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix well
- 2. Add eggs one at a time and beat well until incorporated. Lower speed and add flour and milk alternately, ending with flour.
- 3. Mix filling ingredients together.
- 4. Pour half of the batter into a 8 inches lined cake tin, sprinkle prune walnut filling evenly on top and gently add the remaining batter over it. Using a palette knife to level the batter.
- 5. Bake at preheated oven at 170C for about 40 minutes or skewer comes out clean.
- 6. Leave cake in tin to cool.