Puff pastry pesto and cheese rolls
Aromatic, cheesy, flaky delightful puff pastry bites.
This recipe contains puff pastry, red pesto, cheese emmental, cheese (parmesan)
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 fresh (or thawed) puff pastry, cca 250g
- 60-70g red pesto (Pesto Rosso)
- 80-100g Emmental cheese, coarsely grated
- 20g Parmesan or Grana Padano cheese, grated
- 1. Divide the puff pastry into 6-8 broad strips. Evenly coat each strip with red pesto.
- 2. Sprinkle with Emmental and Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Roll the strips into cylinder like tubes, press together the bottom and place in a suitable mould (for muffins or similar). Bake at 190˚C for about 20 minutes or until the rolls become golden-brown in colour.
- 4. Serve hot or at room temperature.