Puff pastry squares with mozzarella
Savory bites that melt in your mouth.
This recipe contains puff pastry, dijon mustard, cheese (mozzarella, fresh), swiss cheese
4 servings servings
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 500g fresh or defrosted puff pastry (2 x 250g)
- 8 tsp Dijon mustard
- 250g mozzarella, well-drained, sliced
- 8 tbs Swiss cheese, coarsely grated
- 1. Divide and cut with a knife each sheet of puff pastry into 8 equal squares. You should have 16 squares.
- 2. Smear the center of only 8 squares of dough with 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- 3. Place one or two slices of mozzarella on mustard, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of Swiss cheese.
- 4. Cover each pastry squares with the remaining 8 squares from the other pastry sheet.
- 5. With a fork press the square edges to paste them together and close the square.
- 6. Place the filled squares on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon surface and bake in the oven at 200°C for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden in colour.
- 7. Serve hot or warm with fresh vegetables (tomatoes, spring onions, lettuce).