Puff pastry twisted sticks
Flaky, tasty savoury puff pastry bites
This recipe contains puff pastry, eggs, cheese (emmentaler), pumpkin seeds, caraway seeds, sea salt,
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 g. fresh (or thawed) puff pastry, cca 250g
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tbsp. Emmental cheese*, coarsely grated
- 4 tbsp. pumpkin seeds*, shelled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp. caraway seeds*
- Coarse sea salt
- *Measures for the cheese, pumpkin and caraway seeds are approximate - amount depends on your preferences.
- 1. Divide the puff pastry into 10 equal strips. Brush each strip with egg.
- 2. Sprinkle 3 strips with cheese, another 3 with pumpkin seeds, another 3 with cumin or however you prefer. Sprinkle some salt over seed strips.
- 3. Fold each strip length-wise in half and gently press the edges to close the filling. Twist each strip several times.
- 4. Bake in a tin lined with baking paper at 190˚C for about 20 minutes or until the sticks are golden in colour.
- 5. Serve hot or at room temperature.