Puff pastry waffles filled with fruit jam
Warm pastry, with warm fruit jam and some icing powder on top is just divine. It melts in your mouth. After trying this, I have to admit that puff pastry baked in a waffle iron is so much more tasty than baked in the oven. It is less dry and you can control better the cooking time.
This recipe contains puff pastry, jam, eggs, powdered sugar
3 - 4 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 roll of puff pastry (230gr)
- 3 1/2 tsp. fruit jam of your choice
- 1 egg yolk
- icing powder, for decoration
- 1. 1. Preheat waffle iron
- 2. 2. Roll out puff pastry and cut out 14 circles, around 6 to 7cm each, (± 2,5inch), by using a glass
- 3. 3. Two pastry circles per waffle are needed; place 1/2 tsp of fruit jam in the middle of one pastry circle
- 4. 4. Beat the egg yolk and spread it on the border of the pastry circle with the jam on
- 5. 5. Close the 'waffle to be' with 2nd pastry circle on top and press well on the edge, close the edge by using a fork
- 6. 6. Place prepared pastry circles in the waffle iron, two at a time, (that is if your waffle iron can make 2 waffles at the same time) and bake them 6 to 8min. or until golden brown.
- 7. Once they are baked, let them cool for 5min., sprinkle with icing powder and serve warm. Enjoy!