Pulled Pork Sandwich with Mango BBQ sauce
I was watching an episode of Aarti Party on Food Network and came across this wonderful slow cooked pork recipe with a perfect Mango BBQ sauce without tomatoes. The meat cooked tender and juicy makes sinfully sweet and spicy sandwiches, the recipe is also @
This recipe contains , pork shoulder, , sugar (dark brown), paprika, salt (kosher), , oil (vegetable), cumin (seeds), fennel seed, onions, ginger, chiles (serrano), salt (kosher), mango (fresh), limes, cider vinegar, molasses, worcestershire, rolls
- 1 boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt), about 3 pounds, excess fat removed
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- BBQ Sauce:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced (seeds discarded if you don't like it spicy)
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups mango puree
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Brioche rolls, split
- 1. Rub: Combine the rub ingredients, in a small bowl and massage it into the pork shoulder until well coated. Set aside while you make BBQ sauce. You could do this a day ahead and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- 2. BBQ sauce: In a large saucepan, warm the oil, over low heat, until hot and shimmering. Add the cumin and fennel; they should splutter upon contact - be careful! Once the spluttering subsides, add the onions, ginger and serrano and a little salt, to taste. Saute until they soften but don't let them get any color. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients. Simmer about 5 minutes. Taste and season.
- 3. Add the pork shoulder to the saucepan, coating it with the sauce. Cover, and gently simmer until the pork falls apart easily, stirring and turning often, about 3 hours.
- 4. Remove the pork from the saucepan and shred it using 2 forks. Return it to the sauce and stir to coat with the sauce. Put a generous spoonful of the pork inside a brioche bun, top with a few slices of pickle and serve. Aarti's Note: prepare to have your loved one swoon over you!