Pumpkin Bread in a Jar
A great gift idea
This recipe contains shortening, sugar, eggs, pumpkin, water, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves (ground), pecans
8 pints servings
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 2/3 cup Shortening
- 2 2/3 cups Granulated Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Pumpkin
- 2/3 cup Water
- 3 1/3 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2/3 cup chopped Nuts of your choice
- 1. Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- 2. Beat in eggs, pumpkin, and water.
- 3. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- 4. Add to pumpkin mixture. Stir in nuts.
- 5. Pour into greased wide-mouth pint jars, filling them half full of batter.
- 6. Bake at 325 degrees F for approximately 45 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove jars from the oven and cool.
- 7. When cool, add canning lid and decorate with jute, ribbon, scraps of fabric or any way you wish for gift giving. If you are freezing, leave the pumpkin bread in their jars, add lid, and place in the freezer.