Pumpkin Caramel Apple Pie
Pumpkin Caramel Apple Pie...The best of both worlds or the pie for the indecisive.
This recipe contains graham cracker crust, pie filling (caramel apple), gelatine powder, cornstarch, pumpkin spice, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar
6-8 Servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 - 9 Inch - Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 - 21 oz. Can - Caramel Apple Pie Filling
- 1 Envelope - Unflavored Gelatin
- 4 Tbs. - Cornstarch
- 3/4 Tsp. - Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 Tsp. - Salt
- 1 Tsp. - Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 - 15 oz. Can - Pumpkin Puree
- 1 -12 oz. Can - Evaporated Milk
- 2 - Eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 C. - Sugar
- 1. Spread the caramel apple pie filling evenly into the bottom of the pie crust, set aside while you work on the pumpkin filling.
- 2. In a large sauce pan combine the gelatin, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt.
- 3. Stir in the evaporated milk and pumpkin puree; let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to soften the gelatin.
- 4. Cook over medium heat until the mixture comes to a bubble, cook and stir for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat then gradually stir 1 cup of the pumpkin mixture into the beaten eggs; return all egg mixture into the sauce pan. Return to the heat, cook and stir for another 2 minutes but do not boil.
- 5. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Once the pumpkin mixture is ready carefully spread over the apple pie filling, cover and refrigerate for 6-24 hours.