Pumpkin Crème Soup with Shrimp, Cream Cheese and Basil
It’s autumn and it means that it’s time for a great pumpkin soup with shrimp that I just LOVE cooking.It doesn’t require a lot of effort but it comes out perfectly smooth, bringing in the autumn flavors and colors into your kitchen.I tasted this soup long time ago in Europe, brought it into my kitchen and my family just loves it. Hope, you will too.
This recipe contains pumpkin, cream cheese, carrots, shrimp, peppercorns, italian seasoning, onions, salt, fresh basil, bell peppers (red)
6 people servings
- 2 pound of pumpkin
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup of shrimp
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning mix
- 1/2 mid-sized onion
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1. Boil in a saucepan (4 qtr.) ½ onion, 1 carrot (peeled), 1 red bell pepper, sliced pumpkin until soft.
- 2. When the veggies are ready, take them out, don’t drain the stock, let them cool a little and blend them together with cream cheese.
- 3. ***Note from Helen*** I peeled the pumpkin after I boiled it, because it was too hard to peel. All the other veggies should be peeled (and washed) before boiling.’’’’
- 4. Add the blended mix to your stock (you should have 3-4 cups of stock). Season the soup with salt, pepper. Simmer at minimum heat for 10 minutes and then add shrimp.
- 5. ***Note from Helen*** the shrimp should be washed, peeled and boiled in salt water separately. It takes only 3-5 minutes to cook your shrimp if it’s raw.***
- 6. When you add the shrimp, boil your crème-soup for additional 3-5 minutes. Serve warm and add basil just before serving!