Pumpkin gnocchi with basil and Parmesan
Wonderful hors d'oeuvre or light dinner.
This recipe contains pumpkin, eggs, sea salt, black pepper, fresh basil, flour (whole wheat), cornflour, olive oil, cheese (parmesan), fresh basil
6 servings servings
Prep time: 40 min
- 1kg pumpkin, baked and cooled
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 250g wheat flour
- 250g corn flour
- Olive oil
- Prmesan or Grana Padano cheese, grated
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- 1. Separate the meat and chop the pumpkin into a puree.
- 2. Add eggs, stir.
- 3. Add salt, pepper and chopped basil.
- 4. Add flour and knead a soft dough. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour - the amount depends on the water content of the pumpkin.
- 5. Divide the dough into equal rolls 3 cm thick and about 20 cm long.
- 6. Divide and cut each roll into a 2 cm long pieces.
- 7. Cook the gnocchi in a large pot in plenty of salted water. Gnocchi are cooked when they rise to the surface. Remove them from the pot with a slotted spoon.
- 8. Pour hot olive oil over gnocchi or simply sauté them in hot oil.
- 9. Serve sprinkled with cheese and fresh basil.