Pumpkin Pudding Cake
A very moist cake that takes little work to make.
This recipe contains cake mix (yellow), eggs, vegetable oil, milk, pudding (vanilla), sour cream, pumpkin (canned), butter, butter (light), brown sugar, cinnamon (ground), sugar (powdered, confectioners), milk
20 servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 box yellow cake mix (I used sugar free because I've been eating alot of sweets lately)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 3.4 oz. box vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Place cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, pudding, sour cream and pumpkin into a stand or electric mixer, beating until well combined, about 1 1/2 minutes. Pour into a greased 9" by 13" baking dish, spreading evenly.
- 3. Place butter into a microwave safe bowl and melt, about 30 to 40 seconds. Add brown sugar and cinnamon to bowl, mixing until combined. Drizzle mixture evenly over cake then take a knife and run it through to swirl.
- 4. Bake cake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 to 50 minutes, until cooked through and remove. Knife will not come out completely clean.
- 5. Place powdered sugar and remaining milk into a large bowl and mix until creamy and smooth. Drizzle over warm cake then let cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares. Enjoy! Yields about 20 squares.