Pumpkin Raisin Cake
Those who know me are probably wondering where the pumpkin dessert is, I have been making such wonderful fall flavored dishes the last few weeks but I simply could not hold off any longer without posting a pumpkin dessert. This is not just any pumpkin dessert, this is as simple as they come and the slow cooker does all of the work. The aroma around the house that Sunday afternoon was simply heaven....
This recipe contains pumpkin (canned), eggs, sugar (brown), sugar, milk (evaporated), pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, raisins, cake mix (carrot), butter
6-8 Servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 4 hr
- 1 - 29oz. Can - Pumpkin Puree
- 4 - Eggs
- 1/2 C. - Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C. - White Sugar
- 1 - 12oz. Can - Evaporated Milk
- 4 Tsp. - Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Tsp. - Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp. - Salt
- 1/2 C. - Raisins
- 1 - 18 1/4oz. Box - Carrot Cake Mix
- 1 Stick - Melted Butter
- 1. Spray the slow cooker liner with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl combine the eggs, sugars, milk and spices and stir well.
- 3. Mix in the pumpkin and raisins then stir to combine, pour the pumpkin mixture into the slow cooker sleeve.
- 4. Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture then drizzle the entire thing with melted butter. Cover with the lid and cook on high for 3-3.5 hours or on low for 5-6.
- 5. When ready to serve simply scoop out of the crock pot and dollop with whip topping or vanilla ice cream.