Healthy,hearty vegan soup with pumpkin
This recipe contains pumpkin, onions, peppercorns, cloves (whole), cinnamon, bay leaves, salt, oil, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 cup cubed pumpkin pieces
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- 10-12 crushed peppercorns
- 3-4 cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1. 1.Heat a kadai/cooker and add 2 teaspoons oil.Fry the onions till translucent.Add the pumpkin pieces an saute for 5 minutes.Add 1 1/2 cups of water and cook till pumpkin is well cooked and tender.Add salt to taste and mix well
- 2. 2.Now puree the cooked onion and pumpkin along with water.You can puree it with some chunks or until smooth.
- 3. 3.Heat a small kadai and add 1 teaspoon oil.Once hot add cloves,bay leaf,cinnamon powder and crushed pepper corn.Add this to the prepared shorba and simmer it for 5 minutes.
- 4. 4.Adjust salt and pepper and serve hot.