Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Fall is in the air and so is the warm, cozy scent of this Pumpkin Spice Muffin! This muffin is great as a quick, light breakfast (don't forget the almond butter) or an on-the-go snack. Vegan (all of my recipes are), naturally gluten-free (make sure your oat bran hasn't been cross contaminated), soy free, oil free, very low fat, and free of refined sugars. But don't worry, it's BIG on flavor...and fiber!
This recipe contains oat bran, dates, milk (coconut, lite), baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin (canned), raisins
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 c oat bran
- 1/2 c dates, packed (soak for a few mins in warm water if dry)
- 1/2 c lite coconut milk (or another non-dairy milk)
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 - 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice (optional)
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin (or about 2 c)
- 1/3 c raisins
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- 2. Mix dry ingredients (oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice). Sift or stir with a fork to combine.
- 3. Puree dates in a high-powered blender. Add them to the dry mix. Add remaining wet ingredients (pumpkin puree and non-dairy milk). Stir to combine, but don’t over stir. Once combined, stir in raisins.
- 4. Generously fill paper/foil muffin cups (or use a non-stick tin).
- 5. Bake about 20 minutes or until center is firm to your liking.