Pumpkin Spice Waffles with Walnuts
Perfect for breakfast on Halloween, Thanksgiving Day, or any crisp Sunday morning, these waffles use Bigelow® Pumpkin SpiceTM Tea for their wonderful autumn flavor. Sprinkle with cinnamon and chopped walnuts for additional flavor.
This recipe contains water, tea (pumpkin spice), flour (all-purpose), baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, salt, eggs, oil, walnuts,
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 8 Bigelow Pumpkin Spice Tea Bags
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/2 cup(s) walnuts, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1. Steep tea bags in hot water for 3-5 minutes. Remove bags, being sure to squeeze thoroughly. Set tea aside to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add cooled tea, beaten eggs, and oil. Stir to combine. Gently fold in the walnuts (if desired).
- 3. Preheat the waffle maker. When hot, lightly brush the surfaces with oil, to prevent sticking. Place about 2/3 cup of batter onto the hot waffle maker. Close top and cook for approximately 2 minutes (most waffle makers have an indicator light which will let you know when the waffle is ready), or until waffle is cooked through and surfaces are crisp. Remove to a platter.
- 4. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 5. Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.