Queso Fundido With Chorizo
This Queso Fundido With Chorizo will be gone in seconds! The perfect combination of cheddar cheese, chorizo, beer, onion, garlic & jalapeños.
This recipe contains sausage (chorizo), cheese (monterey jack), cheese (cheddar, white), beer, onions, garlic, jalapenos, flour
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 6 oz. diced dried chorizo
- 8 oz. shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 oz. sharp white cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup(s) beer
- 1/4 of a large onion chopped finely
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 jalapenos finely diced (seeds and membranes removed)
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1. Cook the chorizo in a medium oven proof skillet for 5 minutes. Remove the meat from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Leave 2 tablespoons of the oil from the meat in the pan and discard the rest.
- 2. Reduce the heat to medium and sauté the onions, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the Jalapeños and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
- 3. Stir in the garlic and let cook for 30 seconds.
- 4. Sprinkle in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 5. Pour in the beer and bring to a boil.
- 6. Add the cheeses and reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring continuously, until the cheese fully melts, about 2-3 minutes.
- 7. Stir in the chorizo.
- 8. Turn the broiler on and cook the queso for 1-2 minutes. Letting the top get slightly golden and the cheese bubbly. (You can skip this step and serve the dip warm if preferred.)
- 9. Serve warm with chips or tortillas.