Quick and easy juicy garlic chicken and vegetable stir fry
This recipe is quite versatile as you can spice-it-up with extra chili sauce or make it a little more exotic by adding curry spices to the noodle dish. The world is your oyster. The chicken's garlic seasonings lend themselves well to whatever part of the culinary world you'd like to visit – in under an hour.
This recipe contains , , chicken breasts, canola oil, garlic marinade, mushrooms (button), broccoli, onions, carrots, egg noodles, sesame oil, limes, onions (green/spring), sesame seeds
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 pkg(s) garlic marinade
- 6 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 whole small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 whole small onion, sliced thinly
- 1 whole carrot, sliced thinly
- 16 oz. package of egg noodles
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil (optional)
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds (optional)
- 1. • Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) or 320°F (160°C) for convection oven and cook the chicken according to the pack instructions.
- 2. • Put a large pot of water on the stove for the egg noodles and allow it to come to a rolling boil.
- 3. • About 15 minutes before the end of the chicken cooking time, heat the canola oil in a large frying pan or wok and stir fry the mushrooms until golden. Add the broccoli, onion, and carrot, and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, over high heat.
- 4. • Cook the egg noodles according to the pack instructions. Once cooked through, drain and set aside.
- 5. • Remove the chicken from the oven, leave to cool for a minute then cut the bag open and gently tip the contents into a dish. Transfer the chicken breasts to a board and slice diagonally. Pour garlic juices from the dish over the vegetables.
- 6. • Add the cooked noodles to the pan with the vegetables and toss to combine. Season with the sesame oil (if using) and lime juice. Serve the stir fry with the sliced chicken, scattered with green onion and sesame seeds (if using).