Quick Canapé Recipe for Parmesan Crisps
I normally have some parmesan cheese lurking somewhere in the fridge, so this is a bit of a go to canapé for me. It's so easy to make and you will look like a domestic goddess when you whip this up for your guests. The crispy, salty flavour is a great way to start any party.
This recipe contains cheese (parmesan), fresh thyme, black pepper
25 Crisps servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 100gr finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 x tsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Some freshly ground black pepper
- 1. 1.Pre-heat your oven to 200°C / 400°F
- 2. 2.Line a baking tray(s) with some greaseproof paper.
- 3. 3.Spoon out the grated parmesan into little piles, each about 1 x tbsp. Leave enough room in between each so that when they melt they don’t stick together. About 2.5 cm / 1 x in. should do it. Of course this will depend a little on how big you make your crisps.
- 4. 4.Sprinkle some thyme over each crisp and grind a little black pepper over them too.
- 5. 5.Place them in the oven for up to about 5 minutes. Check after 3 minutes. The crisps are ready when they have melted and are bubbling flat on the tray. If you leave them too long, they will take on colour and become bitter.
- 6. 6.Remove and cool before serving.