Quick Chicken Quesadillas
a flavorful quesadilla, I use marinated chicken, sautéed onions, Monterrey jack cheese and layer it on a nutty spelt tortilla.
This recipe contains olive oil, chicken breasts, pineapple juice, soy sauce, fresh garlic, onions, salt, wheat tortillas, cheese (Monterrey Jack, shredded), black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breast, trimmed
- 1 cup(s) pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 whole small onion, sliced
- 1 ds. salt
- 4 whole wheat Tortillas
- 1 cup(s) Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 ds. black pepper
- 1. Prepare marinade by combining pineapple juice, soy sauce and garlic in a medium sized bowl. Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add sliced onions and cook until translucent. Remove onions from pan; set aside. Add chicken breast and cook on each side for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Return onions to pan and heat through. They will become caramelized when done.
- 3. Dice cooked chicken into ½ inch cubes. Equally divide and arrange chicken, onions and cheese on half of each tortilla.
- 4. Wipe skillet clean. Fold tortilla in half and toast in skillet over medium high heat. Flip to toast other side.
- 5. Cut each tortilla into 4 quesadillas. Serve with salsa or pico de gallo.