Quick cream of bean soup
Super easy and quick homemade bean soup.
This recipe contains olive oil, bacon, onions, fresh garlic, beans (fava), potatoes, tomatoes (puree), fresh thyme, water, salt, black pepper
4 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 thin slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small can of cooked beans
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- Some fresh or dried thyme
- 4-6 cups water
- 1. Sauté bacon in olive oil until brown.
- 2. Add onion and garlic, sauté for few minutes.
- 3. Add potato, tomato puree and thyme.
- 4. Drain beans and rinse under running water, add to the vegetables in the pot.
- 5. Add water, cover the pot and cook 15 -20 minutes or until potato is tender.
- 6. Remove thyme (if fresh) from the soup, cool slightly.
- 7. Mix the soup in a blender until smooth, season with salt and pepper.
- 8. Serve with croutons or toasted slices of black bread.